Saturday, January 9, 2010

Baked Mozzarella Sticks


I don't even know what I was looking for when this recipe popped up for baked cheese sticks on Allrecipes.com. I didn't even know baked cheese sticks were doable! Cameron LOOOOVES mozz cheese sticks. I didn't have what the recipe called for so I came up with the following recipe. I made these for Cameron and he LOVED them, as did I. I can already tell I'm going to be making these often. We both agreed they weren't as crunchy as fried ones, but they had way more flavor! And the cheese was the perfect consistency! These would be good snacks for watchin the game or with a nice juicy burger!

Recipe:
8 mozzarella sticks (string cheese)
1/4 cup flour
1 Tbsp garlic powder
salt
pepper
2 eggs
2 Tbsp water
1 packet parmesan flavored shake and bake (this has so many good flavors in it already!)

Place flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl. In a seperate bowl, beat the eggs and water. In the third bowl place the shake and bake. First coat the cheese stick in flour, then egg, then shake and bake. Place in a shallow baking dish. Repeat until all the cheese sticks are done. Let them sit for at least 30 minutes. This allows the coating to harden so cheese does not leak out when baked. Bake at 400 for 8-10 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. YuMMM!:D i need to come visit texas! all this good looking food! once i'm a grown up you'll have to teach me how to cook:) XOXO

    ReplyDelete