Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cranberry-Turkey Salad Sandwhich


Who doesn't love a left over turkey and cranberry sandwich? I absolutely love them! When I went to make one for lunch today I had a revelation of sorts. Why not mix everything together like a chicken salad instead of layering the ingredients? Surely, someone has thought of this before, but not I. I'm not a fan of turkey sandwiches where you get a big hunk of turkey and it's dry. This takes care of that problem for you! I only had plain white bread that I toasted, but this would be good on a kaiser roll or potato roll which might also be left over from a turkey dinner.

Recipe:
2 cups shredded cooked turkey
1/4 cup cranberry sauce (I used this recipe from previous post)
1/4 cup cream cheese
Sliced swiss cheese
Whatever type of bread you would like

Other optional ingredients:
Cucumbers
Tomato slices
Lettuce
Sprouts
Anything else you just have to have on a sandwich

Mix turkey, cranberry sauce, and cream cheese together in a bowl. Place swiss cheese and mixture between bread. Slice in half and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment