Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cranberry Sauce


I must admit I LOVE canned cranberry sauce, the jelly kind! When I would see fresh made cranberry sauce I almost of cringed at the thought of having to eat it. Last night changed all that! I had a bunch of cranberries and thought I would just try to make some and perhaps my taste buds have become more sophisticated since last holiday season. I looked up recipes and kind of threw this one together from a mix of other different ones. It turned out so good! Even my boyfriend who is a fan of the jelly canned kind and dare I say- picky eater, thought it was delicious as well. It only takes 5 minutes to make too. I'll for sure be making this from now on!

Recipe:
12 oz cranberries
1 1/2 cup pomegranate juice
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
dash of cinnamon

Put everything in small sauce pan and heat over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot or cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment